• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone have the new Countryfile Calender 2009 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

Hi there

I received the post as we do this morning only to find that my OH had ordered a new Countryfile Calender. He never told me so it was a surprise. :-O

It is smaller than I expected ( a little bit bigger than A4). I love all he pictures, and the extra pictures that are added to the insets of the main feature picture
So there appears to be another 12 people's pictures who where picked, but not in the same way as the winners.

Love the February inset of the Courting Couple (Woodpigeons) so sweet.

Anyone else have this Calender yet?

No and I shan't be getting it either....I don't fancy having to look at a slug for a whole month! I shall give the £4 they promise for each calendar, directly to Children in Need when the day comes.

I normally buy the RSPB calendar, Kathy. The photography is so good and being a member I have to support them!;)

The Counytryfile calendar sounds good though! Enjoy each month!:t:

Hi Kathy,

We are spoilt for choice on calendars. The Countryfile pics do look professional. The extra pics will make it even more interesting turning to a new month. I get the 'Wildlife of Britain' calendar the RSPB sells, it's another good one.

Hi Wendy

Oh well ..... I know what you mean about the slug. Still a good picture though with the colouration and the photo ;)

As you say it is money that is used for a charitable cause, and that makes the Calender more appealing to buy (my OH surprised me and never told me he had bought it! - bless him)

Hi Pam

The RSPB is a good calender and we will get that too so we have one for the office and another for the kitchen area.

I believe in supporting the SWT, RSPB and other associated 'bodies' too. I also like to buy things from their Xmas catalogues too.

I will enjoy Pam, and you enjoy the RSPB one in the same way. :t:

Hi Roy

Yes I agree, that there are a good selection of calenders around - we are lost for choice.

The Wildlife of Britain sounds a good on and I will have a look and see what it is like too.

OH likes to have a calender for his office too! :-O

This year I have the Nature of Britain BBC Breathing Spaces calender, free from the library and very good it is too. If they do the same for 2009 I shall get one, otherwise it will be from the RSPB.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back