• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welsh Osprey chick fledged (1 Viewer)

Rhion

I hear that a pair of Ospreys at a secret location somewhere in Wales have fledged a chick. There have been rumours around that the pair near Porthmadog was not the only pair in Wales this year, but this one has been kept very quiet.

Rhion said:
I hear that a pair of Ospreys at a secret location somewhere in Wales have fledged a chick. There have been rumours around that the pair near Porthmadog was not the only pair in Wales this year, but this one has been kept very quiet.
Very good news.

Excellent news. Well Done to everyone concerned.
I was lucky enough to see an Osprey here on my regular early morning Sunday bike ride.Wouldn't it be great to have a healthy population down South!
Let os prey for more good news concerning rare breeding raptors in the South of England...........

Gerry Hooper said:
Excellent news. Well Done to everyone concerned.
I was lucky enough to see an Osprey here on my regular early morning Sunday bike ride.Wouldn't it be great to have a healthy population down South!
Let os prey for more good news concerning rare breeding raptors in the South of England...........

I don't normally comment on spelling Gerry, but I thought "prey" was a good one for the subject matter ;)

Des.

It, or another, has just flown over the garden!!!

Time to put a mackarel on the bird table.

P.s.Des. Did I spell Mackarel correctly, it doesn't look right.

Ospreys!

I've twice had Ospreys nearly land in my teensy garden! We're about 5 miles from Strumpshaw: I really thought Osprey was going to breed there a year or two ago: a pair over-Summered, but one was an immature!
(OBTW: mackerel!)

2nd Pair Breeding Ospreys

gusford said:
Interesting - where did you hear this news? By now that chick would be quite old now.
HI.THE NEWS WAS PUT OUT LAST FRIDAY AT THE BIRDFAIR AND IT WAS PUT OUT ON THE BIRD INFORMATION SERVICES. ANOTHER RUTLAND WATER BIRD.
THESE RUTLAND BIRDS MUST FAVOUR WALES AND NO ARTIFICIAL NESTS FOR THESE BIRDS THOUGH MAY BE ONE OF THE SITES NEEDS A BIT OF HELP AFTER THIS YEARS BAD LUCK. JOHN.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back