• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron=Vixen (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
It appears that Opticron and Vixen are one in the same .....I am looking at the Vixen Geoma Pro 67-A (16-48).....I want to purchase something in this price range with quality and this one appears to be a great scope looking at recent reviews in Living Bird Winter 2008 reviews.

Also...of all things the Alpen 80mm gets excellent reviews. The Alpen is about 100$ less...but doesn't do digiscoping it would appear. I am not into digiscoping but one never knows so...I am looking at a scope that will get me into it if needbe... The Vixen with interchangeable lens appears to.

Thoughts on either...the Geoma Pro 67 or the Alpen 786?

Last edited:
Opticron does NOT equal Vixen :)

Opticron is a 40 year old companyh that is a UK-based supplier of optics products whilst Vixen is a Japan-based optics manufacturer.

True, Opticron is currently the distributor for Vixen astronomy products in the UK. Otherwise, your statement is inaccurate.

Pete
Opticron, Sales and Marketing

Opticron does NOT equal Vixen :)

Opticron is a 40 year old company that is a UK-based supplier of optics products whilst Vixen is a Japan-based optics manufacturer.

Pete
Opticron, Sales and Marketing

But you supply Japanese made optics that have very very very similar appearance and specs to those sold by Vixen. The only thing that isn't similar is the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back