• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM3 50 GA (1 Viewer)

ian coleman

United Kingdom
Hi i am new here so please bare with me
I recently purchased a ex demo Opticron mm3 50 ga/45 and hr3 eyepiece which i am pleased with but i have a issue with it. When i decided which one i wanted the shop assistant unscrewed the eye piece to put in original box it would not fit as it seemed to long for the box , i said don't worry i will sort it out when i get home. I got home and had a look and saw the problem, when the eyepiece was unscrewed the threaded part on the scope body unscrewed with the eyepiece so i could see mirrors, so i unscrewed
it and reinstalled it back on the scope body as should be (1 inch tube with glass at bottom rather than mirrors) then attached the eyepiece.
I been to shop to query this and they said it was ok just make sure the part was screwed tight in the scope body my question is i have read that they have nitrogen in them and with that part unscrewing would that of let the nitrogen out or caused any other problems

it would have been nitrogen filled so would no longer be, i done the same with my mm3 50 ed and had to send it to opticron to be refilled,

Hi Ian!

I can't help you with your problem but I would like to wish you a warm welcome from those of us at BirdForum!

The nitrogen seal is at the glass plate inside the eyepiece housing i.e. is not affected by the fact that the eyepiece thread adaptor came unscrewed.

If you have any concerns, please call our service department on 01582 726522, option 1.

Cheers, Pete

The nitrogen seal is at the glass plate inside the eyepiece housing i.e. is not affected by the fact that the eyepiece thread adaptor came unscrewed.

If you have any concerns, please call our service department on 01582 726522, option 1.

Cheers, Pete
Thank you ,i enquired about this with Opticron explaining what happened and they suggested i return it to them, being as thou this happened at the shop i purchased from i took it back there and they will send it to opticron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back