• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panjin, Liaoning, China (1 Viewer)

Owen Krout

United States
Sorry for the quality of the image, but i could only manage some quick glimpses of a pair flitting in and out of the pines. At the time and even now i have the feeling of having the identity on the tip of my tongue, but can't quite get it out. They were mixed in with a large flock of Coal Tit and at first i thought that they were Yellow Bellied Tit as they were about that size. A closer look at the one blurred image shows an orange colored bill, paler legs than the Coal Tit and slimmer body than the YBT i have seen and photographed in the past. Maybe just the angle of the shot?

Attachments

• NT4A7074.jpg
    NT4A7074.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 52
Guess my first impression was right. They are out of listed range here, but we do occasionally get eruptions bringing small groups into the area.

I think Yellow-bellied Tit may be spreading north, with increasing records in Korea and a recent first record for Russia. So it's perhaps not surprising if you can now also record it out of published range in northern China.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back