• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (13 Viewers)

Time to leave alone.
Grey Waggy in the stream bot. of the garden.
10" x12" Oil on canvas board

Attachments

• Grey wag9.jpg
    Grey wag9.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I thought I'd commented on this one, but obviously not, I think I was enjoying peeping through the grasses too much to write, superb sense of intimacy that gives the gurgling of the water a very personal music. (I'm pretty sure those words are meant to mean something, but I've had a very long day you see, trying to learn how to do a common bird census and finally seeing a rough legged buzzard.) Simpler words: beautiful and intimate.

Daydreaming

Thanks Nick, I thought I saw this on the sheer rockface in Norfolk. Then woke up.
Coloured pencil sketch. Wallcreeper

Attachments

• Crw.jpg
    Crw.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 89
Lovely wallcreeper, and also how odd, because I thought I was dreaming when I saw one on the building opposite my window, but I wasn't - I added wallcreeper to my garden list yesterday morning (nearly dropped my morning tea and ciggy). Hope your dream comes true!

lovely - and well done Arthur on the drawing - well done Nick on the garden list. Hmm wallcreeper - I suppose it would sit nicely with my s-eo.

Thankyou all.
I wish Mike. Im'e still working on looking for the sheer rockface in mountainous Norfolk.
Not like some who just glance out of their window.
I think i will keep my garden list though starting with:-

Attachments

• Auk2.jpg
    Auk2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Wet and windy all day although these popped in to brighten it up .
Then a nice end to the day.

Attachments

• Br1.jpg
    Br1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 91
  • Br2.jpg
    Br2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Br4.jpg
    Br4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 99
  • Br3.jpg
    Br3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 89
the top black redtsart and the sparrowhawk looking up are so real, incredibly good and very well observed - the black redstarts are back singing in town now, and quite welcome they are too!

Great stuff Arthur. I wish I could say I had a regular sparrowhawk popping in to my garden. Sadly, (although not for my sparrows), I've only seen a spar in the garden 3 or 4 times in 10 years or so. They regularly fly over and they nest in the nearby woods but, for some reason they don't like my little patch. I reckon a spar in your inimitable style would be a good'un, something for the weekend maybe?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back