• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Epson Printer problems (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

I just got this message from my printer. It was reading them. All the inks are genuine. I've just changed LM. I put the old one back just in case it was that. It recognises non of the cartridges. I've tried unplugging it; restarting the computer etc. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 1710092071993.png
    1710092071993.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 15
Thanks. I'll try again tomorrow. It produces great prints but has been a pain before. I'd think about changing it if it wasn't for 100 quid + worth of ink in it.

I just got this message from my printer. It was reading them. All the inks are genuine. I've just changed LM. I put the old one back just in case it was that. It recognises non of the cartridges. I've tried unplugging it; restarting the computer etc. Any suggestions?
In case you need to replace your printer (if you can't get the issue sorted).

I got one of their Eco Tank models last year and it's been the best printer I have owned in a longtime. Basically there are no ink cartridges in it and it has ink tanks instead. You get bottles of ink for the four colour tanks. Each colour tank holds around 10 times the amount of ink as a cartridge that was in my last ink cartridge printer, and even the original ink/ink bottles from Epson are very reasonably priced.

For my model they are current priced at £37.98 on Amazon and thats for all four Epson ink bottles, and for this price each colour ink bottle gives you the same amount of ink as 10 ink cartridges, which makes them very reasonably priced.

No idea - but the first thing I would try would be alcohol-cleaning all the contacts in sight, on printer and cartridges. If it's a multi-cartridge printer, all cartridges in use are original Epson, and all of a sudden none of the cartridges work, I'd suspect a fundamental fault in the printer.
Inkjets are a pain especially if they're not in constant use. Consider a cheap colour laser - they're cheaper than you may imagine, and you can leave them indefinitely without fear of anything clogging up.

I've never had an inkjet last more than 4 years - I don't think I used them enough.
The ink drying up is a pain. I try to spread out my printing so it doesn't go unused for two long. To complicate matters I have two; one is loaded with cheap third party inks for when I'm not too bothered about quality. Photo quality inks cost a bleeding fortune. But dried ink has always been obvious due to poor quality prints rather than not recognising the cartridges. I do think that it could well be buggered now. I'm going for the hoping it goes away problem at the moment. Tbh I might go for getting a lab to print for me: I'm running out of wall space anyway.

What I normally do to reduce the chance of ink drying in the inkjets, is to do a couple of test prints a week (if I am not going to be using the printer).
If you Google print test page there are any amount on there. These contain all the colours that are in the ink cartridges (or ink tanks if you have one of those kinds) they have a combination of patterns on them too. Since I started doing this I have not had any ink drying in the inkjets/or any clogging issues. It also reduces the chance of needing to do a head clean cycle, which are notorious for using lots of ink.

Thanks for the tip about doing test prints, I only use the printer occasionally and sometimes notice the print quality going down even though it's not low on ink. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back