• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gyrfalcon (1 Viewer)

SDV

Last Sunday (24 July) on the way to the airport, I saw a large bird of prey sitting on a pole just 50 yards from my house in Seething, South Norfolk. I rushed back to get the big lens and obtained a good number of photos, they are decent images showing good detail, but most fairly similar. Representative photo on the ID forum.

I couldn't identify the bird, but over on ID forum they seem to think it is a Gyrfalcon. They suggest it must be an escapee, though I didn't see any tresses when it flew away. Does anyone know of an escaped bird?

Hi
There have been two Saker (escapees) seen around Benacre Broad near Southwold and again further south in Suffolk. Probably one of them.
I saw a pic yesterday and definitely Saker, but there was a mark where it had been wearing jesses (spelling?)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back