• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warblers this season (1 Viewer)

DSpeight

Buzzard Enthusiast
I seem to have seen plenty of Blackap and Willow Warblers this year but very few (well one!) Chiffchaff.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it restricted to my part of the Peak District?

DSpeight said:
I seem to have seen plenty of Blackap and Willow Warblers this year but very few (well one!) Chiffchaff.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it restricted to my part of the Peak District?

Wood Warblers back around Glossop for over a week also Tree Pipits but Redstarts scarce.

I walked from Miller's Dale to Cressbrook then round to Tideswell last week. I heard dozens of Willow Warblers but not one Chiffchaff. I remarked on this to a friend who was as puzzled as I was. However where I live (South Manchester) there seem to be as many Chiffchaffs as usual - and no-one I know has noticed any fewer Chiffchaffs. Someone suggested that maybe Willow Warblers are more at home in the ash woodlands that predominate in the limestone dales, but (1) why should that be, and (2) why is it only this year I've noticed it?

Alan Hill

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back