• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Perfection from a D70! (1 Viewer)

Keith Reeder

Watch the birdie...
I've been sitting looking at this site for the last hour now, and felt I had to share it.

I honestly can't imagine how these pictures could be any better - and they're all from the humble D70.

I guess that some or more of these bird must be "captive" in one way or another, but even so, I'm awe-struck...

Last edited:
Keith Reeder said:
I've been sitting looking at this site for the last hour now, and felt I had to share it.

I honestly can't imagine how these pictures could be any better - and they're all from the humble D70...

I'm awe-struck...

Keith..they are great shots but some of these birds are falconers birds and posed for the camera. They would be better had they been wild birds.

Saying that, they are good. I like the Goldie in the snow.

John.

john barclay said:
Keith..they are great shots but some of these birds are falconers birds and posed for the camera. They would be better had they been wild birds.

Saying that, they are good. I like the Goldie in the snow.

John.

Sorry..Keith, I didn't read all your thread, you stated the obvious!..engage brain JB.

John.

Aye, you beat me to that point - I've just edited my my post to that effect before I saw yours.

Mind you, I've looked for jesses on the birds' legs and can't find any.

I agree that totally wild birds would be more impressive (assuming that not all of these are - I suspect that at least some are wild), but I'm really pointing out the quality of the images as much as anything, as a way of letting people definitively see what the D70 is capable of in skilled hands.

Better than the 350D?

Better than any 20D shots I've seen as well!

Eek! Let's not go there, eh?

;) ;) ;)

The point I'm making is that there's too much "this camera is better than that camera..." and "cameras from maker X are better than cameras from maker Y...".

This gallery serves to prove that it's not always as straightforward as that, and that even relatively modest kit (which some people look down their noses at simply because it's got the wrong maker's name on it) can be as good as anyone could realistically want.

To be honest, I don't think I've seen anything better (to my tastes and preferences) out of a Nikon D2X either.

Even Claus Brandt - the European Wildlife Photographer of the Year in 2005, and a Nikon D2X user - isn't producing anything demonstrably better in strictly qualitative terms than the D70 gallery I posted.

It's not just about the camera in other words - but he is rather good too!

;)

http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=15211

and the competition winner:

http://www.nikonians-images.com/gal...hoto=35867&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=4230

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back