• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (14 Viewers)

Hi Ken - these drawings are of house martins - very nice too - but I can't cross-reference to your supposition unfortunately.

Thanks Tim. And my apologies Arthur. If I'd looked more closely I'd have realized that these were all the same bird and that these were obviously in the swallow/martin family. I was distracted by the small bill and reminded of a painting Arthur did about six months ago where the birds also had very small bills - maybe Long-Tailed Tits?

No apologies needed ken. (im'e trying to improve my drawing all the while)
I should have named them but you forget that its being veiwed on other continents.
Yes it was Long tailed Tits a while ago Ken.

House Martins have fledged and like to sit on top of the nest box to be fed but spend much more of their time on the wing now.
a couple of water colour sketches.

Attachments

• L1220602.jpg
    L1220602.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Wow! Just as in life!

Had a few narrow escapes with these before! Dangerous looking aren't they!

Seriously though, you've captured well some real "heart-melters!" And translated it back superbly!

I do like those martins Arthur....:t:

[Innocence and expectancy....new surroundings and alertness.....conveys wonderfully in your picture].....!

Quite charming.....

I was just going to comment that the three "young-uns" at the bottom made a neat arrangement and would be a nice painting when up you come with a nice painting! Also like the bird (adult) hovering at the nest. Great sketches Arthur.

Thankyou all for your kind comments. I wouldhave replied earlier but have been up To Colstream on the borders for their Civic week. Now I have the grandchildren here for two weeks so again it will be quiet on here .Probably need two weeks to recover too .Bound to rain if Mike is up here in Norfolk immortalizing the local wildlife.
arthur

Arthur,

Very sorry. I accidentally pressed my keyboard and bumped your thread back to the top!

Hope you've recovered!?

Regards,

phil

ps Our Chew Valley Lake Barn Owls have fledged. Enjoying new found freedom, while Father was pinned down in a bush by at least 10 Magpies, and 2 Ravens. He didn't make good his escape until the Ravens had left. (Wise choice!)
Parenting! It ain't all gravy!!!!

Time to catch up on the threads , I see a lot more coming in.
This lady dropped in for 15 minutes looking for a take away. couldn't let the moment go.
Sketches & one taken on a bit more.

Attachments

• L1220962.jpg
    L1220962.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 52
  • L1220964.jpg
    L1220964.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 44
Super sprawk!!! - and just look at that foot - this is observational work, alright.
Having a breather now the grandkids have gone, Arthur? ;)

"...that right hand one (especially) is a beauty!"

Seconded!

Good to see some work from you again Arthur, you'll be able to get a lot more done now that I've brought the rainy season to Norfolk!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back