• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Terra case (1 Viewer)

amelia1730

Hi folks

As the Terras only come with a fabric pouch I am looking for a nice padded case for them, or should I say for my husband. I've had a look on Amazon but would like to know if anyone can recommend something suitable and inexpensive, from experience. Not particularly bothered if it will only take the bins with no room for lunch, phone, ipad, bird ID book, camera etc!!

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place - I wasn't quite sure where!

Thanks Amelia

Steiner, Swarovski, and Vortex sells bino cases by themselves. I would think that there is an outdoor optics internet vendor in your country that sells these brands, and I would bet that a few minutes on Google will find these. The Steiner "Binobag" is extremely sturdy.

Opticron might sell cases too, but I don't know for sure. It would be worth a search......

114843_946207_x.jpg

I bought this Case Logic video camera case that fits it perfectly and it is very well padded indeed.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Yes, he's got the 8 x 42s
Really bugs me that they only come with a pouch. What's that all about?
The Case Logic cases look good and are inexpensive. Available at Pixmania.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Yes, he's got the 8 x 42s
Really bugs me that they only come with a pouch. What's that all about?
The Case Logic cases look good and are inexpensive. Available at Pixmania.

I don't get it.
We deliver them included the original FL32 or 42 bag (free choice) available from Zeiss germany (costs us only 1.3% of the price of a Terra).
So what is the problem?
Find yourself a decent dealer;)

Jan

No, I haven't. But I didn't understand to what kind of store you were referring to. And I asked for the compared price of that store (which still I don't know, a Zeiss store in the Netherlands is my hypothesis). I don't know you (and you don't know me), so the "we deliver them included..." and so on doesn't say much to me.
Our Zeiss dealer here doesn't have any Zeiss case. The Conquest's case I have is quite good for what it is and it fits the Terra with the neoprene strap folded and room for cleaning accessories in a pocket. I don't know if the FL case is the same (it looks so) but we would pay 20-30€ for such a case from Case Logic, LowPro and the likes.

K.

The fact that a bin with a retail price between 400 and 500 euro is delivered with a "cotton bag" is not acceptable in my opinion, so we deliver them to the customer with a FL bag.
That's the shop I was referring to. Every Zeiss dealer can buy this bag for a price of 1.3% of a 42 Terra. That's the only comparison there is.

Jan

Agreed, they should include a case, as other brands do with even much cheaper binoculars. I have uses for the string pouch though, I use that when putting my Conquest or Terra inside my briefcase or monosling, to save space.

Since reading additional comments I am now feeling a little bit annoyed that I spent nearly £800 for two pairs of Zeiss binoculars (mine were the Conquest, hubby had his choice of the Terras) but only got one with a case!
Looks like I'm going to have to spend a further £22 to get some protection for them.
Incidentally, the retailer I purchased them from was Uttings and I couldn't fault their service. I had a problem with my pair and they were exchanged at lightening speed via courier. I was very impressed. Why should they supply me with a case - even a cheap one? That should be down to Zeiss

Since reading additional comments I am now feeling a little bit annoyed that I spent nearly £800 for two pairs of Zeiss binoculars (mine were the Conquest, hubby had his choice of the Terras) but only got one with a case!
Looks like I'm going to have to spend a further £22 to get some protection for them.
Incidentally, the retailer I purchased them from was Uttings and I couldn't fault their service. I had a problem with my pair and they were exchanged at lightening speed via courier. I was very impressed. Why should they supply me with a case - even a cheap one? That should be down to Zeiss

That's correct, but seen in the light of reality..... Zeiss doesn't, so it is up to your dealer. And at the end of the fiscal Zeiss year he gets a bonus from Zeiss far above the value of some bags:smoke:
This is life: give and take!

Jan

The Opticron Semi-rigid case is perfectly adequate for the Terra ED 8x42 or 10x42. See pic below. £21.99 from here.

Attachments

• Zeiss_Terra_Case.jpg
    Zeiss_Terra_Case.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 172
Hi Amelia,

I found a Zeiss Cordura case(or pouch) that fits my Terra ED 8X42 binoculars from Optics Planet for $14.95 + ($7.51 ship/hand -- to Florida). This case/pouch is similar(I don't think the same) to the one listed at B&H for $30 indicated to fit the Victory 43 or 45 Series Zeiss Binoculars. If you're looking for a case that allows a wee bit of "wiggle room" then this case simply will not do. The Terra with it's strap fits a bit snug and requires a little effort maneuvering them in and out of this Zeiss case/pouch. http://www.opticsplanet.com/zeiss-terra-ed-binocular-pouch.html

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back