• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Eagle? Southern Spain (1 Viewer)

At first we thought that this was a Decoy, it sat on this Pylon for ages without moving. Then it turned its head slightly and can anyone verify if it has a kill in its talons? Thank you.

Attachments

• Identify.JPG
    Identify.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 164
This bird threw me about 20 yrs ago when I thought it was a tawny eagle.You were between the tip at Los Barrios and Estacion San Roque correct?Certainly a decoy it still has not moved....Eddy

At first we thought that this was a Decoy, it sat on this Pylon for ages without moving. Then it turned its head slightly and can anyone verify if it has a kill in its talons? Thank you.

This we christened 'El Plastico' about 15 years ago...:-O
MJB
PS The Earth may have moved, but the head? Never!

Last edited:

An overactive imagination? Too much cerveza San Miguel? Or perhaps simply a loose binocular prism?

Incidentally, the prey item is a full adult (at least 15 year old) specimen of Quicksetticus concretea - commonly found throughout Spain but particularly prevalent on the coast.

B :)

"Doh"

Yes we were on the Los Barrios/San Roque road, we go to this spot regularly and have never noticed it before. Glad it was not me who placed it on this very high pylon.
Thank you all

PS.I do not know why it is there maybe to frighten off white storks from nesting on the pylons.Anyone else know why it is there.?...Eddy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back