• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goa taxi recommendations (1 Viewer)

cheshirebirder

Off to Goa with the wife ,staying at the Marinha Dourada from Nov 2nd. I've heard of a couple of taxi drivers that are reliable and know their bird sites, but was wondering if anyone who's been has any driver they would recommend,just in case the others are not available ? By the way, if anyone else is there from 2nd -16th Nov, perhaps we could share the odd trip?
Thanks ,Bill Turner

I would recommend Mahesh, who can often be found outside the Riverside Regency hotel near the new bridge over the Baga river, or contacted at [email protected] or 9822485581. Mahesh knows all the best sites and is also a rather sharp birder! Roosting Owls and Nightjars are just two of his specialities, and he can tailor your holiday itinerary towards you main targets.

Robin

Taxi Drivers

I used aTaxi driver called Santosh, email address [email protected] He knows the sites, a bit of bird knowledge
but perhaps a bit pricey. Hangs out near the Beiramar, Alfran beach resort.

Also a guy called Narresh who can be found outside the Beiramar, used him before but didn`t see him until too late on my last trip. He knows the sites and is very helpful.

Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back