• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Images From 50d to DPP and Adobe 6 (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
Images From 50d to DPP and Adobe 6

I am having a problem with downloading images from my 50d to my software.

It seems that Adobe 6 has priority to download the images, "but I want them in DPP first",
when i go back to where the file is on my computer where Adobe 6 downloaded them, if i view
them with DPP thats Raw they are crossed out but the jgp that I converted with Adobe are there ????

Hope you understand my small problem, well big for me ....

I think the problem your having is because Adobe 6 doesn`t recognize the 50D`s RAW file as Adobe 6 is an older version.Unfortunately Adobe doesn`t include support for their older versions of software.The way around it is to when you save in DPP use TIFF that way Adobe 6 will be okay.

Steve.

Last edited:
Hi Steve

In fact my problem is the other way round, Adobe 6 does recognize the raw & jpg but the
canon DPP seems to have a problem, where it cannot get the raw file, because Adobe
gets it first. It would be alright if I knew how to use Adobe 6 for processing the raw,
but I do like processing the raw in DPP first, then convert and make a jpg to mess around
in Adobe . This has seemed to happen since I bought the 50d, I am using the same DPP
that came with the 450d, but its also the same ver as the cd in the 50d case

Any comments welcome

I think what Nikon Kid is after is some way of switching Adobe 6 off so he can download this photos to where he wants.I have the same problem too.

If you've got a built in CF slot on your computer use that, or a card reader plugged into a USB port.
Plug it in, open MY COMPUTER and select the drive ('F' probably), a folder is shown, open this, it should be a Canon folder holding your images, SELECT ALL and copy them to a folder of your choice you can now open them in DPP or any other program that reads Raw files.

If all else fails use Zoombrowser to download, if this gives a problem install the version that came with your camera.

Zoombrowser downloads into DPP. I use it for downloading only, then close it.

I problem is as soon as you connect Adobe 6 takes over....
Maybe i need to look in adobe 6 for the answer some where

I have a card reader
it reads 450d mem card but not the 50d mem card

EDIT...... I managed to stop Adobe E 6 from downloading automatically
Go to organizer/edit/preferences/Camera or card reader/download options and untick

But now using EOS Utility does not recognize my 50d camera ?

Last edited:
Install the software that came with your 50D as it is more recent than the 450D no matter what version it says it is (the 50D didn't exist when the 450D first came out so, unless your 450D is a very recent model with the latest software, your older version can't recognise your newer camera).

thanks for that I will try this morning and report back

EDIT It worked like a dream all working now, but it was my fault , think I must have looked at the manual disk for the ver never mine getting old thanks

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back