• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Basic Software for Image Grab from Video? (1 Viewer)

Ruff-Leg

United States
I have been doing some simple video (hummingbirds mostly) with my bridge camera, and would like to capture some images from the video. M$ Media Player doesn't seem to offer that option, and their app - ClipChamp - looks to be more for content creators. Does anyone have a recommendation for basic video editing software that will allow me to trim a video and grab some images? I don't want to go into full-up studio sorts of programs.

Thanks!

Also you can slow the video by pressing the - key while playing it, to better find the best frame, pausing it, and taking a snapshot... + to accelerate of course. (At least with VLC)

bear in mind that video is usually (or supposed to be!) recorded with a shutter speed of double the frame rate, so most often 2x24fps => 1/100. This will be blurry on stills, especially for a flying hummingbird! If you record video with a fast shutter speed so that every frame is sharp, the video will look odd and jerky. you can see an example here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back