• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fogging in Victory 85 T* FL (1 Viewer)

Oliver Norris

Hello there, Is there any reason other than a leaking seal that could cause this scope to Fog, The weather was not very cold it was about 8*C when I noticed it Fogged. Thanking you in advance. This scope is less than 12Mths old.

Last edited:
It shouldn't.

Have you used it in bad weather before this occurred? Do you have the 20x60 zoom eyepiece on your scope? This eyepiece should be waterproof on the scope but there are reports of leaking. Have you switched eyepieces when it was raining, or in damp weather? Where is the fogging situated, is it on the objective? Or in the eyepiece?
I have the 65 Diascope with fixed 23x eyepiece, and I've used it in adverse weather conditions quite a few times, but it never fogged up during the 3 years I have it now.

It seems there is a leaking seal on yours, the scope is nitrogen-filled and ought to be water-and fogproof.

Kind regards, Ronald

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back