• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olivon T90 ED or Olivon T-84 EDO? (1 Viewer)

gaz-in

Hi All,

New to the forum, however, i have been a long time astronomy buff (have several scopesfrom 8 inches to 12 inches), I am now retired from my job and have the time to enjoy bird/wildlife viewing. I would like to add a spotting scope to my binoculars (Meade Montana's) that I currently use.

Found the Olivon T-90 ED on Clearence for about $320 and the TF-84 EDO for about $760.

Read lots about the merits of each scope.

So I am interested in you all's opinion:

1) At these price points would you chose one of these scopes?
2) If so whiich oone, the T-90 Ed or the T-84 EDO?

Thanks in advance for shairing your opinion and wisdom.

Dan

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I had considered the Regal. For about the same price as the Regam 80MM the Olivon T-84 comes with Ohara S-FPL53 glass, an APO design, and good reviews (a few linked below), led me to conclude the Olivon T-84 EDO was a better value than the Regal (at about the same price point).

http://www.birdwatching.co.uk/Birding-gear/Birding-Scopes/Olivon-T-84-EDO

Same review...a little more detail

http://www.binocularoutlet.co.uk/datasheets/Gear July EDO.pdf

You all's thoughts?

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
T-90 ED Won!`

Well we placed both scopes side-by-side and, given our preferences, the T-90 ED was the winner....by a long shot.

While the T-84 EDO did have slightly better images, we found eye-placement tricky and the scope tiring to use.

The T-90 ED was not all finicky about eye-placement and just a joy to use....I am not saying the T-90 ED had better images...it just won on other factors.....primarily, for us, ease of use.....

Oh yeah and it was $400 cheaper than the T-84 EDO ($760 T-84 vice $320 for the T-90)

Olivon spotting scope

Well we placed both scopes side-by-side and, given our preferences, the T-90 ED was the winner....by a long shot.

While the T-84 EDO did have slightly better images, we found eye-placement tricky and the scope tiring to use.

The T-90 ED was not all finicky about eye-placement and just a joy to use....I am not saying the T-90 ED had better images...it just won on other factors.....primarily, for us, ease of use.....

Oh yeah and it was $400 cheaper than the T-84 EDO ($760 T-84 vice $320 for the T-90)

I was wondering if you bought the Olivon, and if so have you had any issues with the optics in the zoom?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back