• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rattling ! (1 Viewer)

The service department in Zeiss Germany are wankers,
they never get things done and always blames the customers.

The service department in Zeiss Germany are wankers,
they never get things done and always blames the customers.

Wow Joe, talking about shooting from the hip.
Thank you Lord, we have a new king on the hill :t:

This leaves not so much room for variation.
Surely there must be little wankers and überwankers nice wankers and no wankers:king:

Nice wankers don't blame the customers and get things done, so there's a contradiction in here.

BTW: the only Zeiss wankers workforce is at Legal in Oberkochen. That's company policy. You've got to be a ****** to get a job there.
No wankers allowed in Wetzlar!!
Didn't you know that?

Jan

Calm your horses...

I sent the bino's to Wetzlar Germany and today I received an email saying that they will be replaced by a new pair of Victory Fl's under warranty ! Absolutely, ******* fantastic ! My original ones were an older demo pair which I bought for way under retail price. They were also bought from the USA.

No questions asked, Zeiss Germany were prompt, polite, and did all they could to ensure I was a happy camper. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ service.

I even asked if they could sort out the problem before the end of the month (got a hunting trip coming up) and they've managed to do so.

I love Zeiss. :)

P.s I tried to be as respectful and polite as I could when dealing with the service dept. and it seems to have paid off. I can only imagine how little of a sh*t Zeiss would give to a customer who refuses to treat those working at Zeiss like fellow human beings who have lives, emotions and standards of their own. Its not like the people in the communications dept. have any input into the manufacturing process of the optics...so why should they have to get on their hands and knees ? I'm sure they try their best.

Last edited:
Joe,

Just read your adventure on the SF thread regarding the way you felth treated by CS Zeiss.
Must say I understand your grief now.
Still, company policy doesn't make the groundfloor employee a ******, does it?

How long ago did this all happened?
Looks like if Zeiss wants to step into the shoes of Swaro's CS they have some work to do!

Jan

Calm your horses...

I sent the bino's to Wetzlar Germany and today I received an email saying that they will be replaced by a new pair of Victory Fl's under warranty ! Absolutely, ******* fantastic ! My original ones were an older demo pair which I bought for way under retail price. They were also bought from the USA.

No questions asked, Zeiss Germany were prompt, polite, and did all they could to ensure I was a happy camper. A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ service.

I even asked if they could sort out the problem before the end of the month (got a hunting trip coming up) and they've managed to do so.

I love Zeiss. :)

P.s I tried to be as respectful and polite as I could when dealing with the service dept. and it seems to have paid off. I can only imagine how little of a sh*t Zeiss would give to a customer who refuses to treat those working at Zeiss like fellow human beings who have lives, emotions and standards of their own. Its not like the people in the communications dept. have any input into the manufacturing process of the optics...so why should they have to get on their hands and knees ? I'm sure they try their best.

What are you trying to imply ?
I am a huge fan of Zeiss and could not be more polite but I was not treated in kind. I am such a huge fan I am still considering the getting the SFs after the grief I have gotten

Joe,

Just read your adventure on the SF thread regarding the way you felth treated by CS Zeiss.
Must say I understand your grief now.
Still, company policy doesn't make the groundfloor employee a ******, does it?

How long ago did this all happened?
Looks like if Zeiss wants to step into the shoes of Swaro's CS they have some work to do!

Jan

Mid last year

Well, I received my new Victory FL's this morning. :) All together, it took two weeks for me to send my faulty pair in, get a response from Zeiss and receive a new pair of bino's. A+ service IMO. Keeping in mind the great distance between NZ and Germany.

Very happy with my new pair and I can confidently say that there should NOT be any rattling coming from within the ocular tubes. Lol :)

Last edited:
Well, I received my new Victory FL's this morning. :) All together, it took two weeks for me to send my faulty pair in, get a response from Zeiss and receive a new pair of bino's. A+ service IMO. Keeping in mind the great distance between NZ and Germany.

Very happy with my new pair and I can confidently say that there should NOT be any rattling coming from within the ocular tubes. Lol :)

Yes, Sir.....this is the way a Zeiss FL should feel--no rattling, and no noise.....just a superb solid service. Enjoy in good health.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back