• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma Lens for Nikon Digital slr (1 Viewer)

DOC

I have an old but faithfull Nikon 8008s ( 35 m"m ) + AF Nikorr 35-105, 1:3.5-4.5, + Sigma 70-300 AF , 1:4-5.6D' DL Macro.
I'm planning on getting the new D-70 . Will the lens fit?

Can anyone help?

DOC said:
I have an old but faithfull Nikon 8008s ( 35 m"m ) + AF Nikorr 35-105, 1:3.5-4.5, + Sigma 70-300 AF , 1:4-5.6D' DL Macro.
I'm planning on getting the new D-70 . Will the lens fit?

Can anyone help?

if it is a D type lens then it will be O

Doc,

I just bought the Sigma 70-300 AF, 1:4-5.6D' DL Macro myself. It came attached to a Nikon N70 and a Sunpak Autofocus 355AF Thyristor Flash. I bought it off Ebay (hasn't arrived yet) and was a bit concerned the lens didn't have an aperture ring (swooped in at the last minute and no time to ask questions...BTW, what's the macro ratio?), but if it works with the 8008s (which I also own) then I guess it does. I am also planning to purchase a D70 (and may give the N70 to my mother-in-law...if I can work out an issue I am having with the 8008s). How do you (or anyone else) think the Sigma lens compares to Nikon's (and Tamron's) version, which this website http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/70300af.htm says are identical? My other lenses are a Nikkor 28:2.8, a Nikkor 50:1.8, and (my favorite) Nikkor 85:1.8. One last question: Is the N70 compatible with an SB24 flash?

The D70 is ONLY compatible with the Nikon SB-600 and SB-800 flashes if you want to use the TTL metering, unless some generic brand like Sigma makes an equivilent you'll be getting one of those. With the SB24 you'll be relegated to manual exposure.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back