• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommend a 10x32! (1 Viewer)

Nikon 10 x 35 EII has a 7 degree FOV. (367.5') If you can find one. It's a porro prism. Swaro, Leica and Zeiss 10 x 32's have about 6.7 FOV's. (351.75') If you can afford them! Leupold Gold Ring has 356'. (Expensive and heavy) Vortex Fury has 346'. Most of the rest have 315'. 30 feet difference over 1000 yards isn't much. That's 3 feet at 100 yards and 1 foot at 100 feet. At any rate the inexpensive ones aren't very good when compared with the expensive ones.
Bob

I like the wider afov that a 10x mag gives. What are some good options? Or maybe a 10x36 Monarch?

I'm under the impression that 10x mag invariably gives a narrower fov than the alternatives (which I presume to be x8) so if this is a high priority I'd go for a lower magnification,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back