• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Victory year (1 Viewer)

ROSCO

Hi
I can get a good deal on a pair of 8x32, does any body know how to read the serial number. As I want, make sure it has the FL and LotuTec coating or I would pay extra and get the latest model. ;)

Many thanks Ross

Ross,
It is not clear whether you can handle and inspect the binocular before purchasing. But if so, it will be easy to learn the answers to your questions.

If it's an FL, "Victory FL" will be stamped on the rubber, on top of the binocular. On a small metal plate underneath, near the hinge, will appear "8x32 T* FL".

On this metal plate, there will be a curving arc above the number 32, if the binocular has the Lotutec coatings.

Sorry, but I don't know the Serial numbers of the first FL, nor the first Lotutec FL. Zeiss would answer that question, I know they have answered similar SN questions for forum members. For what it's worth, my Lotutec FL is SN 3236324, so if the one you are considering is after that, it is, too.
Ron

Hi Ron,
Thank you for your reply, went down and had a look. They had both models early one without the Lotutec coatings and one late model with the lotutec coating. The new model has a little arc over the numbers which you have explained which tells it has the coating. (Thank you for that)

I did not need the serial # after all, to tell if it was a late model with all goods.;)

Cheers Ross

Hi Ross,

I got a pair of 8x32 T*FL, brought them about 18 months ago and use them most days.

Great bins I would buy another pair tomorrow.

All the best Nigel.

Mine don't have the lotutec coating, also don't have the victory FL in the rubber on the front. Even the very first samples of this binocular which can be about 5 years old are as good as it gets.
They still rock and I wouldn't change them for anything untill the open bridge Zeiss 7x42 with Swarovision view + trinovid durability comes out.

They are fantastic little bins. I've looked through alpha quality tens and then picked up the Ziess 8x32's and got an even better crisper view,

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back