• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Leica HD Ultravid PLUS (1 Viewer)

Ultravid plus

Just spoke with someone at Eagle Optics who told me that, as yet, they have received no ETA from Leica on their new models. So, could be some considerable time before they become available.

Just spoke with someone at Eagle Optics who told me that, as yet, they have received no ETA from Leica on their new models. So, could be some considerable time before they become available.

42mm plus models are all in stock, in Sweden, it seems,
will check them out tomorrow, going to look at the Zeiss SF also,
ouch, just saw the the price, did a rocket take off…
now almost in the same level as Swaro SV and Zeiss SF

Last edited:
New ultravids

Jan, looks like you are right about the timing of when the new Ultravids will be released. I spoke with Adorama (a large retailer here in the northeast US) today and they have an ETA from Leica of March 4. I am a little curious as to why they would be released in Europe before their release in the states, though.

Review ultravid plus

I got the possibility to test the new plus leica at a distributor in Belgium.
The coating itself has changed on the lenses for sure , the greenish shine is darkened a bit compared to the former coating.Microcontrast remains great with leica lenses for sure.
Nothing changed to the bin for the rest , I think
In Belgium , the RRP is 30 € higher than the normal ultravid.
No extra marketing on packaging however , they wanted to cut costs on this I think.
Remains a great bin , on the handling.
If I would buy a new bin now , for the big , continous work , this would be my preferred over the swarvision.
No experience with the zeiss sf yet

Jan, looks like you are right about the timing of when the new Ultravids will be released. I spoke with Adorama (a large retailer here in the northeast US) today and they have an ETA from Leica of March 4. I am a little curious as to why they would be released in Europe before their release in the states, though.

HG,

The european launch will be on the IWA, the same week as the ETA in the US, so there is no difference.

Jan

Ultravid plus in US

Somewhat earlier than expected, the new ultarvids have arrived in the US. Eagle Optics have received a shipment and have now sent me samples of the 7x42 and the 8x42. Should arrive tomorrow. I have ordered both models because I am attracted by the high light gathering power and wide fov of the 7s. However, I have not used 7s before and suspect that the lower power may not appeal to me. I will post something in the next few days with initial impressions.

......Microcontrast remains great with Leica lenses for sure......
In Belgium , the RRP is 30 € higher than the normal ultravid.
No extra marketing on packaging however , they wanted to cut costs on this I think.
Remains a great bin , on the handling.
If I would buy a new bin now , for the big , continuous work , this would be my preferred over the swarovision.......

Bravo Leica! :clap:

Perhaps Zeiss can sit up and take some great big fat overblown overhyped high cost superfluous marketing bunkum notice of this?! ........ :smoke:

Chosun :gh:

Bravo Leica! :clap:

Perhaps Zeiss can sit up and take some great big fat overblown overhyped high cost superfluous marketing bunkum notice of this?! ........ :smoke:

:gh::gh:

There is a big difference in launching a new model and facelifting a grand old lady.

;)

Jan, true, but! ....... there's an even bigger difference between the sublime and the ridiculous!! :loveme: :t: :smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back