• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I know it's a scam... (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
.... but weird all the same.

At 16:29 I received a phone call (which went to my answerphone) from 02087599577.

Even though it's recorded it's very hard to understand what it is all about... they start off with reading out a number, then saying it's something to do with Microsoft... but there so much hiss and it's so fast I've a job hearing it.

Then, at 16:30 and 16:39 I received two e-mails from Microsoft?? asking if I'd asked for my password to be reset.

I'm just hoping this is co-incidence, and my phone number hasn't been linked to my e-mail address by someone.

This particular phone number has been reported on the Whocallsme site for a few years now.

A simple google search with the phone number you included finds a lot of sites saying (from the google exerpts) that it is a telepest. They might have hoped you called back - some of these numbers function to forward your number to a foreign pay to call number, and you could have been seeing weird charges on your phone bill.

Niels

Thanks Niels.

I never answer my phone now, always letting it go to answerphone, then check up on the number afterwards.

It just struck me as so odd that the call was immediately followed by the two e-mails, also purporting to be from Microsoft and, I think, on the same subject.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back