• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fury none export (1 Viewer)

flossiepip

Hi,
I've been looking to get a new set of Binoculars for some little time now. Some thing that I never find easy. I mull one against another and then change my mind, you know how it is! The quest is always the same, optical quality, build quality and value to fit a budget.
Here in New Zealand the choice that you have is not great, so the idea of looking over seas to the UK or US is quite inviting!
So to the point, I saw that one or two companys were offering the Vortex Fury(discontinued model) on very good deals, so I made enquirys with a view to making an order only to be told that the Furys could not be exported!
Disappointing yes but oh well you move on and now I find that you can get Zen-Ray here in New Zealand, so that may be the way to go.
It would be nice to know however why we in NZ can not get the deals that others enjoy? Tom

Last edited:
Hi Tom, I got a pair of Vortex Fury 6.5x32 a few months ago from Cameraland in New York (Doug of CLNY is on BF). They sent them from NY to Ireland, and they arrived in 3 days!

Hi,
Thanks, I will look into that! I know that the Fury would be a nice set to have. Back in the air again, oh well! Tom

I would think Cameraland would mail internationally with no problems, while there are some other internet sellers that will not mail international. I have sent several pairs of binos to Oz and NZ with no problems. What are the Zen ZRS HD's going for in your neck of the woods?

Guess you gave up on the Bushnell legend Ultra HD's?

tom

Hi Tom,
The Zen ZRS HD's go for NZ$399.90 which for here seems a fair price. And are top of my short list for what I need right now. The Bushnell's a close second, still fancy them though a lot of the talk here of poor build has put me off alittle! I need a set soon and with a NZ dealer here and with the good reports on the ZRS I'm heading that way. But then you see the deals on the Fury!!! Oh well I do like the look of the Zen. Tom

Cameraland will ship world wide and have the 6.5s on special offer. I brought some recently in the UK from them. (Having just missed getting Sancho's pair!)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back