• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chaffinch ,is this a disease on the legs ? (1 Viewer)

earleybird

I noticed this bird 2 weeks ago but today was the first chance I've had to get a picture .

It looks like she has leggings :-O looks healthy enough but I'd like some opinion on what the white stuff on the feet and lower legs might be. She has certainly got prodigous leg feathers

Attachments

• female chaffinch legs front.jpg
    female chaffinch legs front.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 104
  • female chaffinch legs2.jpg
    female chaffinch legs2.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 172
Try Googling "bto chaffinch warts legs" . I can't copy the link on my mobile. Not good but not that unusual unfortunately.

[...] Not good but not that unusual unfortunately.
Not good? What do you expect for a bird with those massive growths? We even don´t recognise the toes so the bird likely can´t use it for sitting on branches. Sooner or later he will even not be able to stand on the legs when the bird doesn´t die earlier because of additional infections.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back