• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Finch-ish Bird, Reston, VA, USA (2 Viewers)

gsimonel

United States
I am 67 years old, and I have never typed the word "Finchr-ish" before. So even if I can't get a positive ID because of the terrible quality of the attached photos, posting this question has still been a worthwhile experience.

After hiking around Lake Fairfax, I'd pulled into the parking lot of my condo and noticed a small group of Cedar Waxwings in the trees nearby, so I pulled out my camera and started snapping away. When I looked at the photos later, I noticed there were also some house finches and bluebirds in the mix. And this little enigma. I'm pretty certain all the birds in these photos are the same species, but they might not be the same individual.

I can see yellow shoulders, faintly-striped upper breast, a white eye ring, grayish-brown eye stripe, and a black beak. Might this be an immature Yellow-Rumped Warbler? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0275.jpg
    Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0275.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 41
  • Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0276.jpg
    Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0276.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0294.jpg
    Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0294.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0299.jpg
    Unknown_Rtn_2-3-24_0299.jpg