• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird at Johnson Lake, Alberta (1 Viewer)

Rathloriel

Fledgling
The (hopefully) attached file is a still from video footage I took at the woods surrounding Johnson Lake in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. The quality is awful but can anyone tell me what bird it is? My knowledge of the birds of that area is unfortunately sketchy at best.
If you say it's just an American Robin I'll die of shame!

Thanks very much,
Rathloriel

Attachments

• bird at johnson lake.jpg
    bird at johnson lake.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 128
It was the end of August, it was relatively wet but I don't think it had rained for a few hours. Shame it seems to be a robin - thought I had accidentally found something quite interesting! Something else on the same footage caught my eye, but I reckon it's just a Brewer's Blackbird - oh well. Nothing ground breaking then (although as a brit, they're all pretty novel for me!)
Thanks very much for your help,
Rathloriel

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back