• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (1 Viewer)

I'd suspect a bit of a scanning/photography issue there? The spuggie has a green cast which looks like a scanning error too? And RGB can do terrible things to green!

I reckon this is one of your best Mark, sparrows are too overlooked and you've managed to capture the spirit of them in this.

Mike

woody ,you got it right ...I'm just about pulling my hair out ,trying to get the paintings right for the net ,they don't look right no mater what i try....the sparrows got more punch to it than what you see... thanks tim for your comments i much appreciate them, from all of you .. thats what makes this sub forum the best....

lanner falcon

struggled to finish this painting... I think that i looked at it for to long, but i got there in the end, do you think the gulls should stay or go ...are they a distraction.. or should the gulls stay and the rest of the painting go:-O

Attachments

• _DSC8487.jpg
    _DSC8487.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 90
  • _DSC8493.jpg
    _DSC8493.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 78
Must have missed this one - Super piece Mark. I personally think the portrait stands perfectly well on its own (but the gulls do not detract from the piece). I think you'll make the right decision - cracking job, eitherway.

This is a superb portrait Mark, youv'e caught awonderful expression.
Always makes me feel sad to see them tethered.

I know arthur, I dont like captive birds , but i probably wont have seen this bird in the wild ...ever . I've already had it lifted from the gallery section by the mods, I did'nt think ,after all its only art .thanks mark.

I agree with you. Iv'e drawn captive birds its a chance to experience and get to know them . I don't think you needed to take it out of the gallery because it stands on its own merits so put it back.

just caught up with the last two, I the gulls in leaves a way to create space, and your feather work is just superb, has an almost oriental quality to it.

partridges & goldfinches...

well, that took some finding!!!! my thread was right down in the cellar, done some painting just to keep my eye-in...a pair of red legged partridges & some goldfinches, done some of these partridges before, in stubble field, but could not get stubble right ,so changed it to snow ....mark.

Attachments

• P1010711.JPG
    P1010711.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010714.JPG
    P1010714.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 91
  • P1010716.JPG
    P1010716.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 94
Hi Mark, well I am glad you brought your thread back up from the cellar :)
As a newcomer I have enjoyed reading through it's and good to meet you. Some very beautiful work, I would also love to see some of your carving.
I love the gold finches, they have an almost wicked stare I think. I have spent hours watching them recently and you have made a great job of capturing them. The partridges would be very awesome on Christmas Cards.
Right I shall go and check some more on flikr.........

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back