• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (4 Viewers)

absolutely draw-dropping work!! they are all incredible but I've got to say, the fox and the male house sparrow have got to be my favourites. the colours in your paintings are exquisite.

one question, how long did it take you to learn to paint like this? I've always wanted to learn to paint but I don't really know how to start.

absolutely draw-dropping work!! they are all incredible but I've got to say, the fox and the male house sparrow have got to be my favourites. the colours in your paintings are exquisite.

one question, how long did it take you to learn to paint like this? I've always wanted to learn to paint but I don't really know how to start.

after a long break in painting (many years) I started back, about four years ago..been carving for about fourteen years now...but not often.
get yourself some paints & pencils, you'll soon get the hang of it , you wont get
better teachers than here...the best art forums on the web...mark

after a long break in painting (many years) I started back, about four years ago..been carving for about fourteen years now...but not often.
get yourself some paints & pencils, you'll soon get the hang of it , you wont get
better teachers than here...the best art forums on the web...mark

thanks for your reply. I have drawn before and tried watercolour a couple of times, but not with much success. have just bought some good paper , brushes and pencils. I have some watercolour paints that I'll be getting out tomorrow, I think!

thanks for the encouragement (and inspiration!)

another practice head...starting on some full birds soon, I try a few different ways, to see which is best, also change wood...the shine on this head is from mat varnish ,which i would not use normally. but, it will need this on a walking stick to help protect the paint...also i made the eyes...mark

Attachments

• P1020660_01.JPG
    P1020660_01.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 36
Forgot to comment on the Song Thrush...Utter Brilliance, and very real!

I love your dimensional representation of living birds. Put the carving back into the paintings, I say, because (I feel) that is where the Treasure truly is....;)

Just checking back in after being away from the forum for a few weeks. The painted carvings are just outstanding! Wonderfully done.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back