• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redolance's Art (1 Viewer)

Redolance

These are two birds as well as a tiger. All done in ink. Let me take that back, the middle one is done in graphite. :)

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Welcome Redolance! These are interesting drawings, especially the birds. What species are they? The dark on the wings makes me tempted to say American Goldfinch for the second.

I'm really not sure what type they are. My aunt took the photos so I could have reference photos to go by. She would know, I'll ask her. Thanks for the comments. =)

Hi there Redolance! and welcome to Birdforum!!! Great to see you posting work here, and very nice it is too. Look forward to seeing more of it.

Looks like a Blackburnian Warbler and a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Thanks for posting R - that tiger would make a good tattoo!

Looks like a Blackburnian Warbler and a Yellow-rumped Warbler. Thanks for posting R - that tiger would make a good tattoo!

Blackburnian named after a lady from a village near me, Hale, the Highland Blackburne family owned the old estate hall and she was a keen and well travelled naturalist who collected and named the type specimen

nice pen work too...

Blackburnian named after a lady from a village near me, Hale, the Highland Blackburne family owned the old estate hall and she was a keen and well travelled naturalist who collected and named the type specimen

nice pen work too...

She's well served by the bird. Among all the beautiful American wood warblers the Blackburnian may well be the most striking! I should have noticed from the large white wing bars that this is what it is. I saw my last one a few months ago, just 15 second glimpse before it headed further north. They are always a real thrill to see!

Lovely

I'm kind of new at painting. I have been doing it for about 4 months now. This is done with a thin consistency and optimum consistency of acrylic paint, thin meaning diluted with water optimum meaning no mixing or letting thicken by sitting the paint out. thick consistency would be to let your paint sit out to in the air to thicken. =)

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I'm kind of new at painting. I have been doing it for about 4 months now. This is done with a thin consistency and optimum consistency of acrylic paint, thin meaning diluted with water optimum meaning no mixing or letting thicken by sitting the paint out. thick consistency would be to let your paint sit out to in the air to thicken. =)

there's promise in this one alright- really nice swirling shaped breastband and nothing flat or straight

i love it Redo.

Just take your time with it. Water down the acrylic to get the subtle washes. It can be used like gouache or water colour. Mix your media also. No rules. Except to break them!

Great that you are getting feedback here! See you on page 19!

i love it Redo.

Just take your time with it. Water down the acrylic to get the subtle washes. It can be used like gouache or water colour. Mix your media also. No rules. Except to break them!

Great that you are getting feedback here! See you on page 19!

Thanks Phil!! And you're advice is very helpful!

Very strong image and I like the selection of colour and he expressive way you've applied it. But best of all - no doubt - is the way you've rendered the feet; real clawy, grippy, stand-uppy feet which is probably the most difficult aspect of the work. Top-notch.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back