• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest 8x42 V Minox HG 8x43 BR (1 Viewer)

LesR

Has anyone compared the Zeiss Conquest HD 8x42 and Minox HG 8x43 BR, not the APO version, side by side. I am thinking of maybe upgrading and can't seem to find a comparison on the pros and cons of the two models, so am looking for opinions from you very knowledgable people.
Thanks.

Les.

Last edited:
Les,

Not a side by side comparison, but I'd suggest the Conquest HD has much the better CA control, but I do like the fit and feel of the Minox.

David

I compared the Conquest HD 8x32 to the Minox HG 8x33 and by far preferred the Conquest. The minox seemed dull and lacking sharpness in comparison. I own a conquest HD 8x42 and they are a match for anything, I even prefer them to the SLC HD 8x42's I owned, they are stunning bins for the price.

Last edited:
I compared the Conquest HD 8x32 to the Minox HG 8x33 and by far preferred the Conquest. The minox seemed dull and lacking sharpness in comparison. I own a conquest HD 8x42 and they are a match for anything, I even prefer them to the SLC HD 8x42's I owned, they are stunning bins for the price.

Thanks David and MO, have edited in the HD now. As we don't have a lot of optic shops in the south east it's very difficult to just go on some reviews. They both have good reviews on review sites but suspected the Zeiss maybe better because of the glass. The Minox has better eye relief for me with spectacles but the Zeiss at 18mm should be ok. What I didn't want to do was have to order both and return one.

Les.

Swillington have the Minox HG 8x43 at £575.00, my bet is that it is in anticipation of their being discontinued or replaced with a new model.

LCE have the Zeiss pre-owned at £499.00 which would seem to simply matters.

Thanks guys, seems to be a clear winner in the Zeiss. Just need to look at the finances now, thanks again for the help.

Les

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back