• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gulls of the world: new photographic guide (1 Viewer)

SVS

Just received the new guide by Klaus Malling Olsen.
Perhaps I am stupid and overlooking it, but I can't find the list with references in it...
Does this book have a website where these are published, or ??

Steven Schoevaart

Just received the new guide by Klaus Malling Olsen.
Perhaps I am stupid and overlooking it, but I can't find the list with references in it...
Does this book have a website where these are published, or ??

Steven Schoevaart

References are published at the end of each species section

James

the new book is named gulls of the world and it has less then 400 pages, the older gulls book for europe ,middle east and nord america has 600 pages , so it has more information then the new book ??

The new book has 368 pages, index included and the 2004 book 608.
The new guide contains mostly pictures of all the Gull species and a condensed text.
But beware! All the essential info to id the species is there.

Example:
Great Black-Backed Gull:
2004 book: 6 pages text; 2 plates with explanation; 17 pictures.
2018 book: 3 pages text; 19 pictures (all are new)

Only thing missing was the full list of references (especially the new ones after the 2004 book).
Mistake of the publisher...
But KLaus gracefully put it in an e-mail.

Steven Schoevaart

Still not available in the UK, states 22 Feb on Amazon but when you click on the link, it says.

'This item will be released on 10 April 2018. Pre-order now!

Edit: I'll have mine by weeks end it seems.

A

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back