• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hides (1 Viewer)

abp

Hi Guys,
Can anyone suggests how to make a hide which would be siutated underneath a tree opposite my bird feeder.

Any suggestion would be accepted gratefully

kindest regards

Brian Pemberton

Hi Brian,

I can't give you any particular advice on making a hide, other than to say, unless you want to use very basic materials to keep the price rock bottom (and why not!), you can buy portable hides for a few tens of pounds. I seem to recall warehouseexpress adverts showing them, so it might be worth checking out the link at the top of this page.

However I am slightly puzzled by you request.

Obviously I have now idea of the layout of you house and garden, but would you be that much closer to the birds than you are looking out of your (kitchen?) window?

Indoors, you can at least allow yourself the luxury of the occasional cough, and cup of tea, without alarming your birds.

If you really do want to pit a "hide" beneath your tree, may suggest an alternative of a screen. Probably doesn't need to be anything special, or any particular colour and such, just so long as it screens you from the birds, without screening the birds from their feeders.

Again, it will cost a bit of money, but a lot of nature reserve use willow screens, and I dare say you could get something like from a garden centre.

Hi Brian if you don't want to spend a lot and have kids try some of the kids play tents they're a bit cramped but would do the trick. The one with the tunnel costs about £21 and you can lay down in it.

Attachments

• toysshipfree_1799_466491.gif
    toysshipfree_1799_466491.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 231
  • combatdomesml.gif
    combatdomesml.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back