• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto Monopod and Head (1 Viewer)

Imace

I have a monopod and bought a new head for it but the threads are different sizes. I think i need an adapter or attachment. My Monopod is a 079. My Head is a 210B/MC11 but the thread on the Head is bigger than the one on the monopod. I can get the scope /camera to fit on the monopod but because there is no ball you are restricted in movement thats why i bought the micro ball head to go on top of the monopod.
Can anyone tell me if there is an adapter or attachment i can get for the monopod or is this monopod so old that there is no hope for it.
Thanks
Ian

It sounds like your monopod ends in a 1/4" thread, whereas your tripod head takes a 3/8" thread.

The Manfrotto adapter plate to convert from 1/4" to 3/8" is part number 088LBP, you can get one from here

Non-Manfrotto ones are available too, of course, try eBay, for instance

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back