• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jessops Cable Release Bracket - Andy Bright's review (1 Viewer)

The Jessops cable release bracket will fit to almost any compact camera (35mm or digital), it will certainly fit the cp995.
Build quality seems fine, had mine for nearly two years and lots of use... stays attached to the camera almost all the time. All metal except for the top section where the release cable fits in (the thread hasn't gone yet!) The current trend of using bottle tops to fit over the shutter-release button (to hold a release cable) makes the Jessops brackets seem like military grade equipment ;)

Electronic or Mechanical is a personal choice.... many get on with the mechanical option, many despise the Nikon MC-EU1 remote for it's sluggish operation (a few like it)
The Jessops bracket could be a relatively inexpensive mistake if you don't get on with it.....the MC-EU1 wouldn't be.
I've got deep seated hatred of Jessops, so there's no incentive for me to praise the bracket, other than to pass on a good digiscoping item to others.
Andy
BTW... don't forget the Harbortronics electronic releases...very good from what I hear.

Andy,

Just another question. Do you have a picture of the Jessops Cable Release bracket showing the screw that bolts onto the Coolpix tripod adapter?

If the release bracket attaches to the camera, can the screw that attaches the bracket to the camera be used to mount on a tripod?

Thanks

Nikon_Boy,

I use the Jessops' cable release bracket and once it's fitted and adjusted to your camera, it works fine. I also bought a good-quality cable to go with it.

Once fitted to the camera, there is a hole in the bottom of the screw to fit to a tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back