• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Field Review of NL 8x32 (3 Viewers)

Regarding the rainguard. I highly recommend getting Swaros winged eyecups and purpose-built rainguard. Easy on and off, no fuss, and less stray light behind the oculars. And, if you don't like losing your peripheral vision completely, or like me find that in the coldest weather your eyes fog the oculars without some ventilation, you can slide the winged eyecups down and their apex extends just proud of the bin eyecups and fixes all issues.
Pics. 133A013A-5B60-4B28-8E77-B7B4C4DF60E4.jpeg
330EACAA-D5DB-414B-8F7C-489CF5FD3165.jpeg

Thanks for this. They look good.

How did you get the curved eye-cups on? Do they stretch and slip over the main eye-cups? Or do you have to remove the main eye-cups first

Thanks for this. They look good.

How did you get the curved eye-cups on? Do they stretch and slip over the main eye-cups? Or do you have to remove the main eye-cups first
Simple research on YT, buddy ! Here :

(Same procedure for NL's models 32 and 42)

Brilliant! Thanks a lot.

I looked up two short articles on them before and they didn't even say if they were rubber or hard plastic.
I was wondering if they were flexible. Now I know. I'm glad they are. It makes them more versatile; and they're Swarovski's own, which will be good for the warranty. Swarovski accessories can be expensive, but good quality tho.
The strap on tripod gripper is probably pricey. The head rest is about £120.
The curved eye cups and matching rainguard are a decent price at just under 30 tho.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back