• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

They're here! (and about time too) (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

At least a week later than usual.

A rotten photo but it is 10/10ths and raining on and off and they were HIGH. But at least you can (just) see what they are.

Bill

Attachments

• DS swift2 'year first' 100507 .jpg
    DS swift2 'year first' 100507 .jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 38
Hi folks,

At least a week later than usual.

A rotten photo but it is 10/10ths and raining on and off and they were HIGH. But at least you can (just) see what they are.

Bill

Always look forward to seeing these return, and very satisfying it is too to watch them feasting on the st marks flies which have recently started to hatch out on warm days..I think I swallowed my 6th individual last weekend (unintentionally!)

Matt

Hi Bill They are not here yet, so lucky you, we have got the rain though its never stopped this weekend.

All the Best Peter

Hi Bill.
They must have come in north to south this year, we've had them for a couple of weeks. Summer can start now you've got them. LOL!!

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Bill,

I've not seen any doing flyovers here yet. They can't be far away though. I've seen them in other places. You do very well capturing these birds in flight. By the time I've cranked up my scope and focused they could be back in Africa!

Hi Bill and All They are back here arrived within the last hour, flying high over the house, not often one gets to anounce red hot news. Very pleased to see them, its made my day.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back