• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare Swarovski Habicht 8X30 DF W O GA (1 Viewer)

Ooops, very sorry! My mistake, Ceralin was Optolyths coating, the old Swarovski coating was Transmax.

Those D. O. prices for Optolyth Alpins are absolutely [censored]

Last edited:
Some pticures from the dealer I bought my DF.

Hi, I know it's a little bit late to join this discussion, but I am really interested in the DF you hold. If it is permitted, could you please tell me your dealer? I want to have such a Swarovski Habicht DF W O GA, too. Thanks.

My dreamy toy would be a 8x30 habicht with green rubber, but central wheel focuser. I'm not a fan of individual focusers :-(

Hi Bob.

I have got the 8x30 black leatherette model, the perfection of it would have been a 8x30 in green rubber armor with central focus, which unfortunately doesnt exist :-(
The 8x30 exists in green but with individual focusers, which in don't find that practical.
Nice to see Camera land can provide people with it, as the 8x30 green is extremely rare and avalaible normally on special orders.

Last edited:
Hi Bob.

I have got the 8x30 black leatherette model, the perfection of it would have been a 8x30 in green rubber armor with central focus, which unfortunately doesnt exist :-(
The 8x30 exists in green but with individual focusers, which in don't find that practical.

Camera Land's ad doesn't make that clear.

Bob

Somebody at Camera Land must have just slipped with that listing. Swarovski is not currently making the 8x30 Habicht Green Armor. And if they were, there'd be a bump up of about $100 in the price.

Somebody at Camera Land must have just slipped with that listing. Swarovski is not currently making the 8x30 Habicht Green Armor. And if they were, there'd be a bump up of about $100 in the price.

Swarovski does the 8x30 in green but in special orders (some Emirs in Arabia, special persons in China), it's terribly rare to see this model. That's a shame by the way.

Point me to your dealer!

Hu Xu 42, I'm an Australian in Beijing at the moment (not Prime Minister Julia Gillard!) and I'd like to get myself a pair of good binoculars while I'm here. I certainly like your Habichts, although they are probably out of my price range. Still I'd really like to visit the shop you purchased those at. Would you be able to tell me? My username is my email address. Xie xie nin!

Crap!
Just missed out on a pair of the odd Habicht 8x30 W GA with central focus. I called the guy who sold them here in Norway and he said that he had just closed the deal with someone. He also said he was shipping them and if the buyer didn't collect them (fat chance) he'd give me a call. Went for $621..

Attachments

• 38_865118991.JPG
    38_865118991.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Crap!
Just missed out on a pair of the odd Habicht 8x30 W GA with central focus. I called the guy who sold them here in Norway and he said that he had just closed the deal with someone. He also said he was shipping them and if the buyer didn't collect them (fat chance) he'd give me a call. Went for $621..

There was a time when I would have been excited about these, but then someone who had one, said they have the older Swarodim coatings with the yellow tint. So don't feel bad that you didn't get them, but do feel very envious of xu42 for getting the IF EP version with the latest Swaro coatings!

<B>

Last edited:
There was a time when I would have been excited about these, but then someone who had one, said they have the older Swarodim coatings with the yellow tint. So don't feel bad that you didn't get them, but do feel very envious of xu42 for getting the IF EP version with the latest Swaro coatings!

<B>

That's interesting. I have an 8x30 W GA, and I see no hint of tint. yellow or otherwise.

Of course, Habichts from a very long time ago were known for their yellow tint......

That's interesting. I have an 8x30 W GA, and I see no hint of tint. yellow or otherwise.

Of course, Habichts from a very long time ago were known for their yellow tint......

Phil,

Gives me new hope, maybe. The older AR coatings on the original EL, for example, were not as good as the coatings on the 2009 model (big difference to my eyes). What year is your W GA Habicht?

Brock

Phil,

Gives me new hope, maybe. The older AR coatings on the original EL, for example, were not as good as the coatings on the 2009 model (big difference to my eyes). What year is your W GA Habicht?

Brock

Hey Brock,

Serial no. starts with 69, so if I'm calculating correctly, they are 14 years old.

Mine came from a bino collector, and were essentially unused when I purchased them earlier this year. They look brand new, with the exception of a bit of patina on the silver bird emblem. I took them out again a few minutes ago to specifically look for yellow tint. I've seen that sort of thing before with a Vortex 32mm Talon. I still cannot see a yellow tint w/my Habichts.

I have read in several places that older Habichts do indeed have a yellow tint. Exactly how far back that goes however, I do not know.

Seems like a hopeless mission to get a hold of the GA model. Think I'll go for the standard black W-version. I've read alot of different things here about the different coatings that have been used. Anything special I should look for - manufacturing date or such?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back