• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sound editing software (1 Viewer)

Eviepoohs

Eviepoohs
I have been recording Tawny Owls calling and wanted to edit the recordings. I have Adobe Elements which is supposed to be for putting together video's but I can't seem to be able to get to grips with it. Does anyone know of any good software for editing this kind of recording. I have no problem with Adobe photoshop CS so i'm not a dummy
Thank you

Hi Eviepoohs

You may want to look through the forum titles and try posting your threads somewhere more appropriate and with more explanatory titles and maybe you'll get more responses to them.

On the topic though I downloaded a very simple program for free called 'wavepad' that basically allowed me to do some editing for hiss and cutting and pasting online to make loop tapes for owling - as simple to use as it gets: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html

Luke

Last edited:
streatham said:
Hi Eviepoohs

You may want to look through the forum titles and try posting your threads somewhere more appropriate and with more explanatory titles and maybe you'll get more responses to them.

On the topic though I downloaded a very simple program for free called 'wavepad' that basically allowed me to do some editing for hiss and cutting and pasting online to make loop tapes for owling - as simple to use as it gets: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html

Luke
Thank you, I am very new to this and still finding my feet/trying to get my head in gear!

For basic editing, I really like the free program: audacity. It allows you to change formats etc., and also to do some sound manipuation (for bioacoustics, I regularly use the high-pass frequency filter, as well as the amplitude normalization). Its noise reduction algorithm doesn't work, in my experience. Overall, it is a very intuitive well thought-out program that gets the job done.

I too have only just started to 'play' with birdsongs and on previous advice of this forum dowloaded Wave Pad. It is very easy to us and ideal for beginners like me!

streatham said:
Hi Eviepoohs

Luke
Hi Luke thanks for the advice, after much brain hurting I managed to take the audio information from my digital camera and save it into a format compatable with wavepad which I downloaded last week. I now have the file ready to edit so I can listen to the Owls without the background noise and the sound generated by the camera. Big success very happy. Ta

Eviepoohs

kimandsue said:
I too have only just started to 'play' with birdsongs and on previous advice of this forum dowloaded Wave Pad. It is very easy to us and ideal for beginners like me!
Ta, done it, well chuffed! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back