• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pics with ultra high end refractor (1 Viewer)

PM01

All,

These were taken by Pete Lardizabal with the AP 130 GT and a 7D. Quality is second to none. Many thanks to Pete for letting me post these!

PM01

Attachments

• wood+duck.jpg
    wood+duck.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 345
  • l+blue.jpg
    l+blue.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 288
  • gbh+dinner+4+1+10em.jpg
    gbh+dinner+4+1+10em.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 310
Definitely very good images.
But at this size at least I don't see them being much better than anything that could be done with the other scopes used here. I don't mean these telescopes aren't better, I just doubt a DSLR would take advantage of any increase of resolution they can provide.
Can you post 100% crops of these images?

I'll ask Pete to join in since they are his pics.

You'll have to join the AP group to see the better ones. The images with the wood duck fill a 30" screen quite nicely.

I agree. They look oversharpened to me.

I saved and blew up the one on the right. No 'splashes', just pixels.
It breaks into diagonally-staggered pixels instead of scissor-cut
lines/dark lines. So it looks like no sharpening. Saturation maybe slightly
bumped, but it seems to be the diagonal pixelation that gives it
the appearance of a sharpening shadow. Very nice at any rate.
The color really carries the texture.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back