• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question from my daughter (2 Viewers)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Is there a way to reverse Ctrl D in Excel? She apparently hits it quite often when meaning to hit Ctrl F and then her laptop freezes and she has to shut down. Thanks.

Hi,
Yes ctrl + Z will undo a previous action.
But will not unlock a frozen lappy.
Sounds like a buggy install.
Does ctrl + D work when used as intended ?
ctrl + F opens the find menu.
May be some weird conflict.
If the ctrl +Z method doesn't work and I would love to hear if it does :)
Try a reinstall of Excell over the old version.
Slightly weird one

Hi Andy, that was the one and only solution I came up with and it didn't help. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to disable ctrl D.

One of the possibilities is that Ctrl D is used by the laptop for something, does it do anything when not in Excel?

Now I'm wondering if there is a way to disable ctrl D.

There is it requires a knowledge of VBA and macros.
Google: application onkey
Not something I've used but know it exists.

Would be a pain though if she uses ctrl+d for it's real purpose as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back