• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

90 minutes at Clumber Park (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
With apologies to intellectual, for plagiarising his thread title... (do I feel a series coming on???)

Got away to Clumber Park on Wednesday Evening, just for a chance to get out during a break in the vile weather.
90 minutes walk in the encroaching gloom, but the water birds were still around, and we got some great views of a small family of rats (pix elsewhere).

Here's the list

Moorhen
Mallard
Tufted Duck
Coot
Wren
Mute Swan
Egyptian Goose
Woodpigeon
Little Grebe
Great Crested Grebe
Chiffchaff
Blackbird
Canada Goose
Greylag Goose
Carrion Crow
Black-headed Gull
Grey Heron
Swift

Attachments

• eg1.jpg
    eg1.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 115
birdman said:
With apologies to intellectual, for plagiarising his thread title... (do I feel a series coming on???)

Got away to Clumber Park on Wednesday Evening, just for a chance to get out during a break in the vile weather.
90 minutes walk in the encroaching gloom, but the water birds were still around, and we got some great views of a small family of rats (pix elsewhere).

Here's the list

Moorhen
Mallard
Tufted Duck
Coot
Wren
Mute Swan
Egyptian Goose
Woodpigeon
Little Grebe
Great Crested Grebe
Chiffchaff
Blackbird
Canada Goose
Greylag Goose
Carrion Crow
Black-headed Gull
Grey Heron
Swift

Hi Dave,

Hey I don't mind you borrowing the title of my thread, thats what friends are for!!!!!!!! ;)

It's great to get out for a short amount of time, with no pressures on getting this or that bird.

We could start a trend on how long we go out for and how many bird species we see in that time. For instance: Seven minutes and fifty seconds at MSQ, twenty species seen [I wish!]. Any advance on that. ;)

Talking of MSQ didyou ever go the Open Day? I did and so did 249 others, a record.

Like the photo.

Cheers
John

intellectual said:
Talking of MSQ didyou ever go the Open Day? I did and so did 249 others, a record.
No I didn't... I had it planned and "in my diary" then at the last minute something cropped up... it always seem to be the case!

Gonna try out the other place you mentioned recently (Messingham Ponds?)... see what's about.

:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back