• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Benji's 2023 List (1 Viewer)

Now back in England - last few for the list:

132. Silvereye
133. Pied Stilt
134. Royal Spoonbill
135. Eastern Rosella
136. New Zealand Bellbird
137. Fluttering Shearwater
138. Australasian Gannet
139. Spotted Shag
140. Pied Cormorant
141. Little Pied Cormorant
142. Caspian Tern
143. New Zealand Pipit
144. Paradise Shelduck
145. Black Swan
146. New Zealand Scaup

Year Total - 146, Garden Total - 27, Mammals - 7, Herps - 0, Butterflies & Moths - 5

Final two from NZ

147. Gray Gergone
148. Wild Turkey

And after getting back from NZ, got straight into a british lifer 🤩
149. Garganey

Year Total - 149, Garden Total - 27, Mammals - 7, Herps - 0, Butterflies & Moths - 5

Last edited:
A few more -

152. Spotted Flycatcher - lifer
153. Garden Warbler - lifer

And a great time at Slimbridge added 6 lifers!

154. Pied Avocet
155. Common Ringed Plover
156. Ruff
157. Temmink's Stint - This was a lucky one - just turned up and everyone had their scopes on it!
158. Eurasian Spoonbill
159. Common Crane

Also, a nice meeting with the 'Biking Birder'!

Year Total - 159, Garden Total - 27, Mammals - 7, Herps - 0, Butterflies & Moths - 5

On having a quick look over this I've realised I've actually managed to add Green Woodpecker twice (103 and 105), so my year list is actually only 159😅

A few more lifers
Some from Rainham Marshes a while ago
161. Black Tailed Godwit
162. Cattle Egret - lifer

Some from WWT Slimbridge a while ago
163. Greater White Fronted Goose - lifer
164. Great Black Backed Gull

And my lifer today
165. Great Northern Diver (Common Loon)

No, never seen one in my life, so its still on my wish list!
You should try the discovery hide on seventy acres lake- with patience you are pretty much guaranteed some great views, the area is also great for nightingales in the spring/summer period.

Very happy to get
166. Bohemian Waxwing - lifer!
today!
The berkhamsted ones? They turned up while we had already planned on going to Abberton so we sadly missed them, hopefully they stick until the term ends. Even if they leave, its 100% a species im going to get before the year ends.

The berkhamsted ones? They turned up while we had already planned on going to Abberton so we sadly missed them, hopefully they stick until the term ends. Even if they leave, its 100% a species im going to get before the year ends.
Yes
I went on Wednesday for 3 hours in the evening and completely missed them, then went down again today got there about 8:30 and they were sitting there waiting for me!
Defo worth the 30min bike ride in 5C temp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back