• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 5D and x2 converter (1 Viewer)

LeeDavis

Lee Davis Wildlife Photography
Hi all,
Looking to upgrade my 20d and the 5D seems to be the best option for me, but does anyone know if the camera will support the 500mmm f4luis and autofocus with the x2 canon converter? if not the its the D1 mkiii

Thanks

Hi Lee, no it won't (without taping pins) - making an assumption on your intended use based on your website and use of the 500/4 - the 1D mkIII is probably the better wildlife camera (faster fps, better AF system, better high ISO, weather sealed) compared to the 5D (full-frame sensor, higher pixel count, smaller, lighter).

Last edited:
No it wont as you would be at f8- i dont know much about this but a few people have said by using 2 -1.4 tc's togather you can get AF as the camera think's it only has one on ( i read this somewere ) also the iq can be better than a 2xtc you just have to make sure the tc's fit I.E 2 canon 1.4tc's wont fit togather . hopefully some will know more about this way of doing thing's .
Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back