• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skeytchbook (1 Viewer)

Heron Sketch

Hi yes sketched from a hide
there is a heronry there and ive been trying to get a decent sketch of one i was in the fourth hide and there is a small island just off to the lef where this bird landed gave me plenty of time to do a detail sketch and then put some washes on later , i do like this sketch but im also churning out some rubbish as well , im working to be more consistent
thanks again for your comments

Excellent!!! - and Amen to the churning out rubbish, too - we all have, all do, and shall continue to til our hands cease to function. Just every now and then, though . . . . .

A corker of a sketch. And as for rubbish well I reckon 90% of what I sketch is rubbish but it's worth it for the 10% of lucky strikes.

Mike

Bravo to that. I reckon 99% of what I do is crap but, like Mike says, very occasionally it all comes together and makes it worthwhile.

Excellent stuff developing here, though.

Russ

welcome :hi:
the heron is a real treat, besides the comments made, I like the compositional space in this, unusual but works well, and you really got that heron stare.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back