Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Saturday 6th January 2018, 01:05   #1
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Have they made any improvements to the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P besides a different case?

Have they made any improvements to the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P since they introduced them besides a different style case? The new case doesn't appear big enough to hold the strap anymore like the older style. Any optical changes?

Last edited by [email protected] : Saturday 6th January 2018 at 03:21.
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 6th January 2018, 17:18   #2
ceasar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,962
That case seems to come only with the 8x25 CL-P "Pocket Mountain" binocular which costs $966.00. It also has a new, thin fancy braided strap which should fit into the case. There are no other "improvements" that I can see.

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/natur...-8x25-p5393126


The other versions still cost $910.00 and they have the old field bag.

Bob

Last edited by ceasar : Saturday 6th January 2018 at 17:25.
ceasar is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 6th January 2018, 18:01   #3
BruceH
Avatar: Harris Hawk
BF Supporter 2018
 
BruceH's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona USA
Posts: 2,283
I was told at a show last August by a Swaro rep that the Mountain is the same binocular with just outward changes such as the cosmetics and case.
__________________
It's all about the view!
vs.
A fool and his money are soon parted!
(The Yin Yang of the Binocular Forum)
BruceH is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2016 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 6th January 2018, 22:29   #4
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
I was told at a show last August by a Swaro rep that the Mountain is the same binocular with just outward changes such as the cosmetics and case.
I noticed they have a new smaller field bag so that is probably the only change on them. Sometimes Swarovski changes coatings and such and you never even know they did it.
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Thursday 8th February 2018, 23:04   #5
SportOptics
Registered User
 
SportOptics's Avatar

 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 17
I spoke to our Swarovski rep today. He said they may have been different in the past but have made no changes in the last few years. He is very happy to help if you have any issues. I'd be happy to get you both together if you need help.
SportOptics is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 9th February 2018, 04:17   #6
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportOptics View Post
I spoke to our Swarovski rep today. He said they may have been different in the past but have made no changes in the last few years. He is very happy to help if you have any issues. I'd be happy to get you both together if you need help.
Thanks for investigating that for me but there was actually two different cases made for the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P. The case on the left is the older model and the case on the right is the newest and current case. I have the current case and couldn't fit my strap in it because there was not enough room so I thought the older case would be better but after ordering it and trying it I found it did not have room for the strap either and I didn't like the design of it as well so I am back to the new case with the strap hanging on the outside. It still functions well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swarovski_60512_field_bag_for_pocket_1485290715000_1312845.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	653409  Click image for larger version

Name:	156475-1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	653410  

Last edited by [email protected] : Friday 9th February 2018 at 04:25.
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 9th February 2018, 05:01   #7
ceasar
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for investigating that for me but there was actually two different cases made for the Swarovski 8x25 CL-P. The case on the left is the older model and the case on the right is the newest and current case. I have the current case and couldn't fit my strap in it because there was not enough room so I thought the older case would be better but after ordering it and trying it I found it did not have room for the strap either and I didn't like the design of it as well so I am back to the new case with the strap hanging on the outside. It still functions well.
Dennis,

I have the older 1st case shown above on the left. My binocular will fit in it by wrapping the strap vertically around the center of the double hinges (the strap will cover the focus wheel) before closing the 2 objective tubes as far as they will close. This strap is quite thin, particularly where it attaches to the binocular. The case can be zipped closed easily after that. It seems to fit best with the objectives down.

The top side of the case is located where the carrying strap is attached as shown in the photograph. My binocular came with 2 straps. One for the case and one for the binocular.

Bob

Last edited by ceasar : Friday 9th February 2018 at 05:19.
ceasar is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 9th February 2018, 06:03   #8
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
Dennis,

I have the older 1st case shown above on the left. My binocular will fit in it by wrapping the strap vertically around the center of the double hinges (the strap will cover the focus wheel) before closing the 2 objective tubes as far as they will close. This strap is quite thin, particularly where it attaches to the binocular. The case can be zipped closed easily after that. It seems to fit best with the objectives down.

The top side of the case is located where the carrying strap is attached as shown in the photograph. My binocular came with 2 straps. One for the case and one for the binocular.

Bob
Yes, I tried that but I just got tired of cramming the strap in the case with little room to spare. I always put it in the case with the objectives down. With the strap and binocular in the case it is hard to get the binocular out of the case and I worry more about scratching the lenses with all that stuff crammed in there. I just use the newer case and leave the strap out and I pull the binocular out by the strap. I usually carry the binocular on my belt so I twist the strap around the case to keep it from hanging and catching something. It works for me now. I tried your technique with the newer case and it is just so narrow that once the strap is wound around the center of the double hinge the binocular will not close far enough to slide in the case. Thanks, for the tip and trying to help anyway!

Last edited by [email protected] : Friday 9th February 2018 at 06:56.
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 10th February 2018, 15:10   #9
safaridreaming
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 107
I use the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case for my CL 25's. I also use for the same case for my Zeiss Terra 25's.

Its a similar design to the current Swaro cases for these binos in that it has an angled top opening, but its got an additional 1" in depth/thickness which allows storage of a neck strap quite comfortably. I normally store mine with eyepieces extended and flap just closes.

cheers
Jeelan
__________________
Bino-telescopes: Kowa Highlander Prominar (FL) 82mm | Lunt 100mm 45* ED APO | APM 120mm 90* SD ED APO
Eyepiece Pairs: Kowa 21x and 32x | Pentax XF 12's and 8.5's
Spotting scopes: Swarovski ATS 80 HD 25-50x
Binoculars: Swarovski EL 8x32 SV | Swarovki EL 10x32 SV | Bushnell Elite 8x43
safaridreaming is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Saturday 10th February 2018, 18:01   #10
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by safaridreaming View Post
I use the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case for my CL 25's. I also use for the same case for my Zeiss Terra 25's.

Its a similar design to the current Swaro cases for these binos in that it has an angled top opening, but its got an additional 1" in depth/thickness which allows storage of a neck strap quite comfortably. I normally store mine with eyepieces extended and flap just closes.

cheers
Jeelan
Jeelan. Thanks, for the tip! I will have to try one of those Lowepro Dashpoint 20 cases. It looks like what I was looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lpdp20gy.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	653574  

Last edited by [email protected] : Saturday 10th February 2018 at 18:30.
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 14th February 2018, 21:28   #11
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by safaridreaming View Post
I use the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case for my CL 25's. I also use for the same case for my Zeiss Terra 25's.

Its a similar design to the current Swaro cases for these binos in that it has an angled top opening, but its got an additional 1" in depth/thickness which allows storage of a neck strap quite comfortably. I normally store mine with eyepieces extended and flap just closes.

cheers
Jeelan
Jeelan. I received the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case and it works just PERFECT! It is just like the Swarovski case but with a little more depth to accommodate the strap in the back of the case. Thanks a lot for the tip!
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 16th February 2018, 11:36   #12
akltsang
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 306
I keep my CL 8x25 in an older Swaro 8x20 case. It is more compact. I like it. The original CL case is not used.
akltsang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 16th February 2018, 11:41   #13
akltsang
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 306
My swaro cases
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	327CE97B-0094-4847-881C-3B8665ED44E1.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	654046  Click image for larger version

Name:	FBE4EA8A-F05C-4F9F-B6A0-13B91F133BD9.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	654047  
akltsang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 16th February 2018, 12:05   #14
safaridreaming
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Jeelan. I received the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 case and it works just PERFECT! It is just like the Swarovski case but with a little more depth to accommodate the strap in the back of the case. Thanks a lot for the tip!
Hey Dennis,

No problems at all mate, glad its worked for you.

cheers Jeelan
__________________
Bino-telescopes: Kowa Highlander Prominar (FL) 82mm | Lunt 100mm 45* ED APO | APM 120mm 90* SD ED APO
Eyepiece Pairs: Kowa 21x and 32x | Pentax XF 12's and 8.5's
Spotting scopes: Swarovski ATS 80 HD 25-50x
Binoculars: Swarovski EL 8x32 SV | Swarovki EL 10x32 SV | Bushnell Elite 8x43
safaridreaming is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 16th February 2018, 15:50   #15
[email protected]
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by akltsang View Post
My swaro cases
That case looks even smaller but it zippers all the way down the side so it would probably have better access. Nice pictures. Thanks!
denco@comcast.n is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8x25 / 10x25 Zeiss Terra ED Carrying Case b3rd Zeiss 3 Friday 8th September 2017 21:26
Bushnell 7x26 v. Swarovski 8x25 v. Zeiss Terra 8x25 v. Vortex Viper 8x28 b-lilja Binoculars 22 Tuesday 27th December 2016 00:49

{googleads}

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.23158407 seconds with 26 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:37.