• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new camera user - please help (1 Viewer)

cash32uk

Hi guys,

just purchased a new camera and I can't understand what causes the picture to be so bad. It looks really 'fuzzy' and 'grainey' to me. Does anyone know which setting to change or why this is happening?

I'm making a video but the forum has size limits so i've taken a still image from the video to try and demonbstarte what I mean.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 2016-10-03.JPG
    2016-10-03.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 155
yes thats what the problem is - really appreciate all the help. I had it on A+ setting and maybe need to read some more on operating the camera before i start filming lol. thanks guys

yes thats what the problem is - really appreciate all the help. I had it on A+ setting and maybe need to read some more on operating the camera before i start filming lol. thanks guys

It might also help if you say which camera you have, you might get some tips specific to that camera and it's settings.

They're not usually optimised straight out of the box.

Although it seems ridiculous to start using a new piece of electronic kit without reading the instructions ( it's a typical man thing anyway) it's not as daft as it sounds. It's amazing how many things are bought with only the very basic start up instructions , the rest is on a disc. If you haven't got a disc player ( and I haven't) you might think you are snookered but in actual fact you can usually down load the full instruction manual on line.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back