• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this possibly a snowy owl ? (2 Viewers)

Agreed. I think the gull's apparent wedge-shaped tail is because it was partially behind the stone wall ...
View attachment 1550083
Why do you think the wedge-shape is the tail?

Why could this not be an alien ship doing a reverse manoevre? And the 'tail' is the Holodeck, and so on?

As we are often told, especially by members whose names begin with 'B', size can be difficult to judge without a comparison object of known dimensions.

Maybe this extremely large alien ship is filled with very small aliens (from our point of view, though not theirs, of course) who have decided they don't like what they see - or alternatively they think that what they see is fine and they are moving on to inspect other parts? Maybe Cambridgeshire?

[For alisonb: thanks for posting; please post again; there are a lot of experts here who will help you; some of us are a bit nutty some of the time, some most of the time (e.g. my brother lives in Skipton, and he's nutty but less so than me; you and he live in a beautiful place as your video shows, but he thinks it's just a place to live because of his work) - keep looking please even if it's only for your own pleasure.]

Hello,

first: thanks to all for this interesting thread, especially Alison for posting it!

And yes, I thought from the pictures I can see a wedge shaped tail, full, substantial and long in relation to the body, which gave this bird a good impression of a Raven for me.
But surely biased by the other comments (thanks again!), I see a BH gull now too.

And yes, it's good to be cautious with less than perfect pictures and videos, as artifacts, single picture effects ... could well change features (sorry Alison no offense intended you will soon learn when you stay with BF which I hope), and therefore MacNara is right. But normally he uses other words (please see his numerous posts here on BF, filled with expert comments, helpful enhancement of pictures, his own pictures and friendly offers to other members here, including accommodation and optic gifts. Thanks again for this!) and please read his comment with this in mind.

(And please note, that I could roule out an alien spacecraft of the vast majority of races in our solar system with confidence. Normally I really hope for confirmation or correction and I am grateful for this you know. But not in this case, I could give reasons, but then I would reveal my cloak...
Sorry, no offense Alison and as you hopefully have already learned we are a friendly bunch. Welcome to BF once more, Alison!)

Dear Alexander! This is NOT HELPFUL at all. How can you say you could rule out an alien spacecraft from our solar system when the real question is alien spacecraft from outside our solar system? Please stay concentrated and answer the real questions....
WHAT? Disgrace!!! This stupidity about out of solar system aliens just won't go away...it keeps hanging on and on and on... and blooming well on...So the ID is absolutely 100% nailed in.

It is a Kling'on.

I'll get my coat.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back