• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK Killdeer, where next (1 Viewer)

nigelblake

don't re member
As the Killdeer seems to be on a bit of a grand tour of the UK where do you think it will be found next?........... my money is on Minsmere within the next day or so!

nigelblake said:
As the Killdeer seems to be on a bit of a grand tour of the UK where do you think it will be found next?........... my money is on Minsmere within the next day or so!

Has to be Wales to complete the Grand Slam.

Hopefully somewhere else in East Anglia as I was unable to go for it in the two days it was at Breydon....

South Coast to coincide with my non-birding trip down there to bournemouth in the holidays maybe Hengisbury Head or in a field by there

I reckon it'll be moving north again, so my bet is Northumberland or Fife...

While I was watching the bird on Tuesday (I do love flexitime...:bounce: ) I heard that there was a Killdeer in Spain in late Jan - is it possible that just one individual accounts for this record, the Hebs, N Ireland and Breydon?

Hi all,
Not sure about the Spanish bird, but there were plumage discrepancies between the birds in Scotland and Northern Ireland, though both were 1st-winter birds.
Harry

StuartReeves said:
Well predicted that man !

and my first tick this year! I've seen it well today!
B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :) B :)

greetz
Arnold Meijer

what a shame that the Imperial Eagle didn't linger a bit longer.
two first for the netherlands in one afternoon within a 30min drive!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back